Have any of you heard of Zelda Classic?
Well if you haven’t, it’s a free PC game, not licensed by Nintendo of course, in which people can essentially make their own Legend of Zelda games, using the NES style gameplay, but there are a variety of options for graphics.
The game comes pre-loaded with the original NES edition of the game already on it. You can download the game, and any user made quests from the Zelda Classic Website.
HOWEVER, there is one quest that is a remake of the original game, the best I have seen to date, called, simply put, 1st Quest Remake. Get it here.
It takes the original Legend of Zelda, vamps up the graphics to SNES “BS Zelda No Densetsu” levels.
It also re-arranges the map so that some of the geographic formations make a bit more sense, and adds more variety to the environments than sand, mountain, and woods.
There’s more life in the overworld, with windows in the mountainsides which old men look out of. There are actual shops, and not unmarked caves.
Burnable trees are a bit easier to spot. Bushes are added ( they are vases in dungeons ) And a few other little touches to the overworld as well.
Dungeons have been re-arranged as well. There are no giant square rooms anymore, every room has more unique shapes this time around. This can make certain rooms harder, as there is less space to flee from enemies in them.
Music’s also been given a bit of a facelift. Midis imported into the game use tracks from Link’s Awakening, A Link to the Past, and other sources, to give each dungeon a unique song, and have songs where there were none before.
There are only a few downsides I have encountered so far.
Bombs hurt you now, but that makes a bit more sense… Stop Watches do not last until you leave a square anymore. It is more like everything gets hit with a boomerang. And you cannot re-enter a boss room after you collect a dungeon’s triforce piece. If it closes behind you, you have no way of leaving the boss room without the triforce.
I recommend you classic fans give this a try, and then delve into some other quests made by classic Zelda fans. These screenshots don’t really do it justice, and based on playing another user made quest for ten minutes, it’s easy to see that a remake isn’t even close to Zelda Classic’s full potential.
I SHOULD ADD
To load a new quest, you have to register a name. Then, before starting it, click the window ( mine doesn’t like full screen for some reason ) and then go to load quest. You can only have three quests being played at a time it seems.
- ussweener likes this
- asknavypony likes this
- asktenticalpony reblogged this from fuckyeahclassiclink
- tittytomatoes likes this
- edge-of-night likes this
- winwhal reblogged this from sowhatelseisblu
- undertheironbridge likes this
- jbaranski likes this
- yerba-hate likes this
- penaz reblogged this from frightnor-the-wizard
- fem-ed likes this
- the-n-team reblogged this from frightnor-the-wizard
- frightnor-the-wizard reblogged this from fuckyeahclassiclink and added:
- returnerofthesky likes this
- phorxy likes this
- greenokapi likes this
- mopperz likes this
- inigmaworks likes this
- cutiedriver likes this
- scientificboink reblogged this from sowhatelseisblu
- yourzelda likes this
- skylordslothy likes this
- tenshihinanawi likes this
- pumpkinspookleaves reblogged this from sowhatelseisblu
- rameninblack reblogged this from stalf0s
- rameninblack likes this
- sowhatelseisblu reblogged this from stalf0s
- stalf0s reblogged this from sheikahstone
- pikathy reblogged this from sheikahstone
- beckonanewkingdom reblogged this from farorescourage
- kawaiihylian reblogged this from distantsprings
- oftemptationborn likes this
- potatofactory likes this
- ambarawr likes this
- swaycummings reblogged this from fuckyeahclassiclink
- goteamdanny likes this
- pixelated-butt-cakes reblogged this from sheikahstone
- pixelated-butt-cakes likes this
- naxios10 reblogged this from deathtosquishies
- naxios10 likes this
- shadesmind reblogged this from fuckyeahclassiclink
- sarahmananah likes this
- xpepperchan likes this
- prettyprincessrina reblogged this from deferretted
- mizzgamegirl likes this
- dinosaurparfait reblogged this from distantsprings
- celestial-shade likes this
- celestial-shade reblogged this from majoralink
- diserpial likes this